Sunday, August 5, 2007

What's In Your Shower?

What kind of personal care products are your favorites? Do you go for all the bells and whistles (or in this case scrubs and creams) or are you keep it simple?

Me, I'm a simple kinda gal. I buy a 2 in 1 shampoo. I lather once and don't repeat. I use my peppermint soap. It's a strong soap that can kinda heat up sensitive areas. My husband doesn't really like it so strong, but I'm no softie when it comes to peppermint soap.

I do like a yummy smelling lotion, though, after I get out of the shower. Makes me feel like a woman, LOL! I know my lotion is good when my clothes smell good going into the washing machine after I've worn them.

Have you ever noticed how much scent changes mood and even brings back memories? There's a shower gel I took with me on my honeymoon. Whenever I use it now, it takes me right back to that time--the excitement and wonder of what will be. It has been eleven years, and I can still go right back to that little cabin in July, with the window open and a soft breeze floating in.

It will be interesting to see what scents take me back to this time in my life. Will peppermint soap make me think of a time when my children, ages 6 years and 8 months, were young? Will the lotion my mom brought me while I was in the hospital with my newborn son make me think of that time?

It's easy to see why we love scent in our homes, our soaps, our lotions, and perfumes. It's woven into our lives with threads that elevate our mood and make our days just a little better. It's a little luxury we can enjoy in the midst of our hectic lives. So put a little something in your shower that makes you smile. You spend your days making others around you smile; it's time you did the same for yourself!

3 comments:

Pieces of me said...

Krystal,
I have to have a good sugar scrub in the shower, it makes my skin silky smooth and I Luv Luv Luv my cinnamon buns shower gel, from that certain company;) although I could live without the sappy sayings on the bottle lol.
So glad you fund something that yu have such a passion for.
TTFN!
Rose

Pieces of me said...

AGGGGGGHHHHHH sorry about the typos that will teach me not to proof read:)

Krystal said...

Ha! I never used a sugar or salt scrub before I began making them. I'm such a plain jane!