Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My life is over...

And I'm totally psyched!

It's my beadmaking life that I just packed up. I'm selling all of my equipment: torch, tools, glass, and everything else to a great beadmaker in Atlanta. It has been what I did and who I was for-goodness!-almost 10 years! My daughter is a little upset. She has watched me make beads "to get money" all her life. Of course, I "got money" to take her to McDonalds and Toys R Us, at least in her world. Isn't the preschool mind awesome?

I've struggled for years to find out what my true "passion" is. I thought it was beads, but making them was always a "chore." I got into it so I could work from home, be my own boss, and stay home with my children. Beads gave me everything that I wanted. I just want more now.

It has been said that your passion is what you'd do for free. In my case, I realized that it was what I was already doing for free. I love making soap, reading about soap recipes, lotions, creams, butters-if you can smear it on your body, then I'm into it!

The money I made from my beadmaking equipment I'm pumping right into Swanky Suds. I couldn't be happier. I already have a customer requesting a custom gift basket. It's Swanky Suds' first sale. WOO HOO!!

No comments: