Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My 5 Year-Old Entrepreneur

My daughter is so funny. She's helping me with my biz. Last night she screwed caps on lotions for me. She "chooses" the colors and scents for me too.

She is almost as obsessed with business as I am. Right now she's making books to sell. She wants to make money, money, money! I'm trying to find a way to get her involved in the biz because it's a perfect time for her to learn. She's so enthusiastic!

Her K-5 teacher has informed her class about a selling contest. Camille (my dd) says her teacher told her they have to "Sell! Sell! Sell!" punctuated with a fist pounding her palm. *sigh* I really hate how they use kids to sell--pardon my french--crap. But there's really no way to explain this to Camille, because she throws her whole heart into everything she does. What to do with a sweet earnest little one? I guess I have to bite my tongue and encourage her.

And, get her involved selling something real (like our stuff!).

No comments: